Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Awards of Rene Bond

To celebrate a few recent eBay scores, I thought I'd post a list of Rene Bond's awards. I compiled this for Rene Bond Tribute on Facebook ("Like" it!), but had never gotten around to including it here.

AVN Hall of Fame (1998)
Legends of Erotica Hall of Fame (2000)
XRCO Hall of Fame (1985)

What I find most intriguing about these awards is that both the Adult Video News (AVN) and "Legends of Erotica" Hall of Fame inductions date from Rene's renaissance of popularity thanks to the video revolution and Something Weird Video in particular. However, the X-Rated Critics Organization (XRCO) induction is from 1985 - not that many years after Rene had left the business. It's also the only one that wasn't posthumous. It makes me wonder why she was honored at that time by them, and if she even knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment