Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Rene Bond Tribute

A year or two ago (bit fuzzy on precisely when now), a gentleman named John Harrison made known his intent to write a book about Rene Bond. He even posted an official announcement in January, complete with cover mock-up. But before that, he had started a Facebook page to support the project. That page was, to my knowledge, the only active Facebook presence for Rene Bond.

I cannot be certain exactly when it happened, but that page went away in the last few months. I don't know what the status is of either it or the book, but ultimately, it's not any of my business. I am still eager to support the book when and if it comes out, because I obviously think Rene's life is a subject worth exploring.

I did, however, mourn the presence of Rene Bond on Facebook. I kept checking periodically to see if the page had returned or if a new one had sprung up in its place. It's a tricky proposition, since the bulk of Rene's career would run afoul of Facebook's TOS. But y'know, there are pages for so many things under the sun, it seemed a pity to leave Rene out - especially since she did have a "mainstream" acting career.

So I have decided to step up and create the Rene Bond Facebook fan page I wanted. It is in its embryonic stages right now, and I don't have any long term plans for it in terms of content or posting frequency. I just wanted there to be a real page that Rene fans could "like" to show their devotion to the lady.

And obviously, none of this is a replacement for a real, honest-to-goodness fully-researched book on Rene Bond. I've invited Mr. Harrison to the page, whether he intends to go through with his project or not. Big respect and a tip of the cap to the man for wanting to get her story to a larger audience. I hope it happens.

My Rene Bond Facebook fan page is here. Give it some love if you like Rene! And thanks if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment