Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Continued Next Week!"...LIVES!

Well, isn't this interesting? I pretty much wrote off further regular updates to Continued Next Week! back in January. Slowly, I found some new enthusiasm for the project, and began working to whip it back into something worth following. Today, I'm officially saying that the darn thing is BACK as a side project for the time being.

I'm not about to predict how long this will (ahem) continue. Theoretically, I could keep it going indefinitely. I mean, I kept it alive when I didn't even want to deal with it. It's all about the visuals and aesthetics achieved in these movie serial images. I find them beautiful in their own retro cool way, and I want to share that.

In addition to maintaining semi-regular updates, I have also launched a Tags Page for it. This was way, WAY more work than I liked, but hopefully, it will be worth it. It currently lists and links every serial covered on the blog, along with the major serial studios and some other related topics. It's not perfect by any means, but I hope it will at least assist people in navigating the site.

The most glaring omission from that page is a list of performers. I wanted to add one, but have elected to leave the page as it is (with new serials added as I post about them, natch). An actor and actress index would have been even more work, and I frankly don't trust my ability to ID everyone in all the pics. My initial solution was to only list the "popular" stars, but then that creates the dilemma of deciding who belongs on the list. Stepping back from a potential headache, I am just trusting that anyone who wants to see more of such stalwarts as Buster Crabbe, Linda Stirling, and Bela Lugosi will know enough about them to be able to find at least one production that features them, and follow their tag from there.

Thanks all for your kind indulgence. Remember Continued Next Week! for your movie serial image blog needs. You don't even have to wait for the Saturday matinee for all the cool stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment