Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sources of Inspiration (Marvel Comics Edition)

I tend to look at comic books equally, but can't deny I've gravitated more to DC's characters over the years. Why? I really couldn't tell you. Something about their heroes connected with me in a way that I just can't explain all these years later.

However, there is plenty to like from Marvel Comics. I've read my fair share of their books over the years. Today, I want to look at two images from comics that have inspired me. I wouldn't necessarily call these books my "favorites," but their imagery has been burned into my brain.

In the world of Captain Satellite, there are the Astro-Giants. You can draw a direct line from the Astro-Giants concept back to the Celestials as envisioned by Jack Kirby in the pages of The Eternals.



In a similar vein, I have alluded to the existence in my world of a dimension called "The Unknown Zone." When I imagine the Unknown Zone, I think of something along the lines of what Steve Ditko did when he drew Dr. Strange in the 1960s.

No comments:

Post a Comment