Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Tunes

Well, if my Internet will hold out (no guarantee), I will pass along a few Halloween-themed songs you might not know. I doubt they get much play on the radio.

I would embed "Morgus The Magnificent" by Morgus and the Three Ghouls for you, but that is disabled for this video. This tribute to the New Orleans-based horror host is a nifty little piece of regional rock. And by the way, one of the "Three Ghouls" was none other than Mac Rebennack - Dr. John to you and me.



"Bo Meets The Monster" by Bo Diddley is perhaps one of the most entertaining "monster" songs from the 1950s. It has a sense of humor, but also plenty of Diddley attitude. Makes you wonder if anyone saw THIS coming when the original Purple People Eater debuted.




"E.T.I. (Extra Terrestrial Intelligence) by Blue Öyster Cult is one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands. BOC is heavily-identified with Halloween anyway because of songs like "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" and "Godzilla", so I thought I'd trot out this song instead. It is filled with plenty of references to flying saucer lore, and that's just as much a part of this holiday as ghouls and goblins. Well, at least to me.

Have a happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment