Friday, April 8, 2011

Four-Color Love Story

I'm pretty sure I first came across the song "Four-Color Love Story" by the Metasciences shortly after it was released in 2005. I mean, that sounds right, and some of the more topical references would have definitely resonated more then. I sort of fell in love with the song on first listen, and that's a feeling that has not dissipated with the passage of time.

The premise of the song is achingly simple. It's about a comic book romance. Of course, it's not realistic. Who said superhero comics ever were? That last statement is meant to be sarcasm, by the way.

This is an almost stark, no frills piece of music. I think it works better that way, because it allows you to use your imagination to fill in the blanks. Just like a good comic book should.

I'm not sure the Metasciences are even still playing together. It doesn't appear there has been any activity on their official site for years. I do dearly love this song, and of all the songs I've been highlighting recently, it is both the most obscure and the one I recommend to you the most. Give it a listen, and see if you aren't swept away by both its scope of imagination and gentleness.



"Four-Color Love Story" by The Metasciences

No comments:

Post a Comment