Wednesday, January 5, 2011

R.I.P. Gerry Rafferty

We interrupt our regularly-scheduled blogging to bring you a special commemorative post. Gerry Rafferty has passed away at the age of 63.

I have expressed my affection for "Baker Street" in the past, both here and elsewhere. But truthfully, I enjoyed all of Gerry Rafferty's assorted projects from across the decades. I own the most "complete" Greatest Hits CD anthology of his work, and I find it both fascinating and entertaining. I listen to it a lot more often than I do stuff I own by more famous artists. Part of that is because it's harder to hear it otherwise, but there's also the fact that I just flat out love it.

After some of the stories that had circulated during the last couple of years, I can't say I'm terribly shocked by Gerry Rafferty's passing. That doesn't make me any less saddened by it. So, here's to you, Mr. Rafferty. You made wonderful music, and I think that was what was most important to you in the end.




"Stuck In The Middle With You" by Stealers Wheel



"Baker Street" by Gerry Rafferty



"Right Down The Line" by Gerry Rafferty



"Home And Dry" by Gerry Rafferty

No comments:

Post a Comment