Saturday, June 12, 2010

Shelley Sweeney

As amazing as it is to me, it was almost a full decade ago that GODZILLA 2000 was released in American theaters. Boy, I was super-excited for that - saw it twice, despite it only playing at the (now-closed) bottom feeder cinema. In fact, I was so excited that I couldn't contain myself at one point and inadvertently blurted out something in response to the action on-screen.

The amusing part of this anecdote is that it came during one of the crowd shots, when I exclaimed to a clueless Louisiana audience, "Hey, it's Shelley Sweeney!"

Shelley Sweeney, if you don't know, is a Canadian model and actress living in Japan. She made a big impression on Godzilla nerds the world over in the 1993 GODZILLA VS. MECHAGODZILLA. She later turned up, albeit in a much smaller role, in GODZILLA VS. DESTOROYAH (1995). There were also appearances in shows like ULTRAMAN TIGA, MEGARANGER, and B-FIGHTER. So seeing her playing a reporter in an incidental role wasn't exactly news. But it was still exciting!

In the last year, it was been my privilege and my pleasure to get acquainted with Shelley Sweeney via the magic of Facebook. Even though our interaction has been limited at best, I feel I can say with confidence that she is as classy and personable as she is beautiful. And that is saying a lot, because Shelley is an absolute knockout.

You can learn more if you visit Shelley Sweeney's official website. Be sure to tell her that Christopher Elam's OWARI sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment