Monday, March 2, 2009

Teaser

"No..."

It was but one strained, whispered word, but it spoke volumes. Shinsei Hinotori sat in front of the staticky screens of Skywatch's command center. The mission he had been monitoring - Jetman's infiltration of Nemesis' base at Jigoku-dani - had obviously gone wrong. Horribly wrong. A massive energy surge had flared up right when communications had been abruptly cut off.

"This is bad," his companion Michiru Oshima muttered in disbelief.

"I'm not sure it could be much worse," Shinsei said as he stared at the screens despondently.

"What...what can we do?" Michiru asked.

Shinsei rubbed his face. "I don't know. If Jetman has lost, I'm not sure what anyone can do."

"I'll tell you what we can do!" an unfamiliar voice announced confidently. "We can take the fight to Nemesis ourselves!"

Shinsei and Michiru whirled around in surprise to face their unexpected guest. They were greeted by what appeared to be a handsome Japanese man attired smartly in a suit, tie, and hat. He almost looked like an anachronism in the 21st Century. Yet his manner betrayed to them that there was far more to him than was apparent.

"Who the devil are you?" Hinotori inquired sharply. "How did you get into Skywatch?"

The mysterious man tipped his hat with a knowing smile. "There are few places I cannot access, if it suits my purposes. As for my name, I have lately been answering to...Mr. Hoshi."

"Well, I've never heard of you!" Shinsei retorted angrily.

"No, I suppose you haven't," Mr. Hoshi noted. "Ken Tendo would never have volunteered that we had crossed paths, and as for his father..."

"Ryu?!" Shinsei exclaimed as he jumped to his feet and grabbed the stranger by his lapels. "What do you know about Ryu Tendo? What's happened to him?"

"Patience, my good man," Mr. Hoshi cautioned as he effortlessly slipped from Shinsei's grip. "I will explain everything, and then..."

"Then?"

"Then, we will endeavor to save the universe."

***

New Return of Jetman Episode 6 - "Beyond The Universe" will premiere March 10, 2009 at www.returnofjetman.com. Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment