Saturday, February 7, 2009

State Of The Blog Address

Well, it's been a month today since I started this blog. What do you think?

Me, I rather like it. I've been using it as a place to refine some of my better material, and I've also been reclaiming stuff from dormant blogs that I think deserves a wider audience. I've already pulled stuff from my retired comics blog and even from Yahoo 360 (dead since 2005). This blog has also served its original purpose, as I was able to post an update here that was originally intended for my journal. That sort of thing will probably always be crossposted, but I had expected the reposting would be occurring here.

In the future, I am planning on showcasing some of my art, too. Warning - I am not a great artist. I'm not even a good one, honestly. My art is exceedingly simple, sometimes childlike. I've chosen to embrace its weaknesses and use them to my advantage. So you don't have to tell me that my art sucks. I know. That's part of the point.

The other part of my point in posting my art is that it will give me the opportunity to include the material I have written for my original characters. I like my colorful cast of crazies, though I really don't have any grand plans for their adventures. I just like setting up things, and then letting my imagination run wild.

I had always wanted to take OWARI and apply what made it work as a fanzine on the internet. This blog may finally give me the chance to do that right.

No comments:

Post a Comment